PressNomics is The Economics of WordPress
WordPress supports a hugely successful commercial ecosystem. Commercial entities of all stripes serve the market of ~72 million WordPress powered websites with themes, plugins, hosting, and service based consulting. Pressnomics aims to bring these companies and professionals together in an atmosphere of learning and collaboration.
Why this event?
There is a need in our community for a forum to discuss and share business best practices. There are a handful of personalities within the vast expanse of users that proactively drive the economics of this marketplace. The event is for those individuals and teams to come together and collaborate and learn. PressNomics aims to be a once year gathering of global WordPress professionals to learn, foster collaboration, and build new strategies for commercial success in the growing WordPress ecosystem.
Attendees and Audience
- These people
- WordPress Theme shops
- WordPress Plugin shops
- WordPress Hosting companies
- WordPress Freelancers
- Small-Large agencies doing WordPress work
- The 7 figure club (WordPress companies doing annual sales > $1mm)
Invitations and Price
- Max 150 attendees, most by invitation.
- $150 (early bird) -$250 ticket price.
Venue and Lodging
Event Format (3 days)
- Thurs & Friday single tract sessions
- Thurs & Friday happy hour and libations
- Social Saturday w/ Golf outing (it is Arizona) or Bowling.
Programming Ideas (Mix of WordPress and General business strategy)
- Community Engagement
- Building your Theme empire
- Building your Plugin empire
- Building your Hosting empire
- Community Politics
- The “official” Word on Commercialization (like to have a foundation and plugin/theme team reps clear up ambiguities)
- Commercialization strategies of WordPress
- Bootstrapping to profitability
- Respect the GPL
- Interface and Application design
- Customer Support strategies and applications
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Project Management
- Freelancing concerns
- Small agency concerns
- Public Relations
- Customer Acquisition and Retention
- Accounting and Tax planning
- Employee recruiting and retention
- Overview of Business models around Open Source
- “How I did it”
- “IMMA ___ Ask me Anything”
- Startup communities
Who’s behind this?
- The event is organized by the team at Page.ly, a managed WordPress hosting company.
- And these great sponsors