The day is here.. We are happy to introduce our final round of speakers.
On the Main stage: Joshua Eichorn, Karim Marucchi, and Maura Teal will enlighten us with topics around efficient plugin development, longevity in business, and breaking into the developer scene.
Pat Ramsey will be leading our Code/Software/Tech King’s corner – a 1.5 hour breakout session to dive deep into discussion on this topic.
Finally, our lighting talk presenters are: Scott Deluzio, Seth Carstens, Karthikraj Magapu, Chris Wallace, April Holle, Scott Bolinger, Kyle Maurer, and the best dressed man in WordPress – Aaron Jorbin.
We are finalizing the schedule, and all the other things that go on behind the scenes to bring you a great event. If you have not yet done so.. purchase your ticket now. CrowdFavorite snuck in as a community sponsor at the last minute.
Escape the Room challenge
Do you have the wit and team work skills to escape the room? On Saturday April 8th we’ll be golfing, but also taking a group to participate in an escape the room challenge at Dare to Escape. This is a pretty fun activity, one we did as a team on our last company retreat. A $50 ticket is required if you’d like to join us – lunch will be provided [menu].
Lawdan Shojaee is CEO of the software company AxoSoft and an advocate for workplace diversity. Chris Hooley is a walking contradiction in the best way possible – huge sports fan, weightlifter, recovering affiliate marketer of supplements and SEO legend, now turned community activist working to help the Phoenix homeless population. John Eckman of 10up will share his insight and acumen on running a scalable business. Neill Feather of SiteLock and Robert Rowley of Pagely will both be to breaking it down for us about the threats we face in digital security.
Additional speakers announced soon – Maybe your name? We’re still looking for a few more great lightning talk submissions. Have something to share? Do it.
Please welcome hosting co’s: DreamHost (Travel Sponsor), BoldGrid (C Sponsor), and Liquid Web (Coffee Sponsor), and SiteGround (Community) to the fold. Finally welcome Astoundify as a community sponsor.
We’re happy to share with you our first round of speakers. We are pleased to welcome: Jeanette Maré, Chris Lema, Sean Tierney, JR Farr, Andrew Norcross, Jason Coleman, Syed Balkhi, and James Giroux. Some of these folks have spoken before, some will be new to the PressNomics stage.
Look for additional speakers to be announced in the coming weeks.
Alex King suggested this idea to us a couple years ago. Essentially we will take the latter part of the first conference day and split the room into 4 quadrants and a facilitator in each will lead a bar-camp style breakout session. The topics are Business Administration, Security, Positioning/Marketing, and Code/Tech. Bring your thinking caps and get ready to dive in.
On the second day after lunch we thought it would be fun (and interesting) to open the floor for lighting talks. These will be 10-12 minute presentations on 1 Big Idea. Virtually no topic is off limits and presenters will attempt to share/communicate one idea, concept, thing, skill, or belief in the time allotted. Wish to participate? Great please pitch us your topic here – extra points for originality and humor.
Huge thanks to our primary sponsors.
Welcome to 2016!
Which means PressNomics 4 is only 2 months away. Here is your latest update.
Get your tickets. Hurry.
As of this writing there are < 10 tickets remaining. Get yours now.
More great speakers.
Please help us welcome:
- Ben Chan of Envato (Sponsor)
- Pat Sullivan, a veteran entrepreneur and CEO of Ryver who will share the scars and glory gained building your empire.
- Tracy Levesque of Yikes Inc will share with us her thoughts on workplace diversity and culture.
The Trifecta of Parties.
Due to the generous help of our sponsors we are able to add a 3rd reception to the event.
- Wednesday Evening 3/02 – GravityForms + MediaTemple welcome you with an opening reception.
- Thursday Evening 3/03 – GravityForms + Sucuri will help us network.
- Friday Evening 3/04 – GravityForms + Envato will close us out in style.
Hope everyone’s 2016 is starting off well. Remember to book your travel/rooms now!
Please help us welcome Tony Perez and Clintus. Each are very successful in their chosen fields, but each have taken very different journeys to get there. We look forward to hearing both of them at what is shaping up to be another great event.
Welcome to Autumn everyone. Have you purchased your tickets yet?
Four new speakers
Please help us welcome four additional speakers to the PressNomics 4 line up.
Carl Hancock of Gravity Forms is going to go “Full Carl” on us and walk us through his journey in business.
Alex King formerly of CrowdFavorite will be sharing his thoughts on business and answering “If WordPress is the Star Wars universe, who is Vader?”
Aaron Jorbin of Condé Nast will talk about recruiting new employees.
Jeannette Maré will share with us her philanthropic journey behind the Ben’s Bells project. Be Kind everyone.
The financial support provided by this year’s sponsors has been unprecedented. Quite simply there are more sponsors than we have spots available and had to turn away a few sponsors, or have sponsors engage at a lower level. I think that means we have a good event 😉
Please help us welcome:
- MojoMarketplace is back for their 4th year, this time around they are helping us as an Airfare sponsor. With their help we will cover some or all airfare costs for our speakers.
- TheWPValet as a C level sponsor. Mason and his team are great folks and we send a good chunk of work to them via Pagely.
- 3five is a newcomer at the community level, and will be sponsoring the coffee this year. Yay Java.
- CrowdFavorite is back again as a community sponsor.
- Pressed.net is a first time sponsor at the C level. White-label managed WordPress.
- a2Hosting is a first time sponsor at the community level.
- Themeisle is a first time sponsor at the community level.
- Freemius is also a first timer at the community level.
- Tickets go on sale Sept 1, at 10am PST.
- The hotel booking codes will be in your emailed ticket receipt
- Sponsors will be sent an email a few days prior with a special access code to secure their tickets (book your room early)
- Past Attendees will be sent an email a few days prior with a special access code to secure specially priced tickets. These are limited in quantity to act fast.
1 speaker announcement with many more to follow soon.
Please help us welcome back speaker Marcus Nelson. Marcus spoke at PN1 and in the time since has had quite the adventure in business. He’ll be catching us up, and trust me it is a story worth hearing.
Thank you all sponsors
We are happy to share with you this first batch of speaker announcements. Please help us welcome:
We are happy to welcome Collis Ta’eed of Envato and George Ortiz of Presstrends to the lineup of speakers at PRESSNOMICS 2012. I look forward to Collis sharing the story of Envato’s success in the publishing and marketplace space and George giving his insights into trend data of Plugin and Theme usage. Valuable info for our attendees to be sure.
George Ortiz is a part-time web developer and full-time startup junkie from the silicon slopes of Salt Lake City, Utah. When he’s not building products, he’s leading communities of faith throughout the west and speaking at events around the nation. Founder of Presstrends
Collis is the CEO and cofounder of Envato, the company behind ThemeForest, CodeCanyon and Tuts+. Collis is a designer by trade, an entrepreneur by nature, and a writer by circumstance. He is extremely passionate about WordPress and the part it plays in building the future of the web.
Collis currently takes the prize for farthest travelled coming from the land down under, but I did hear rumors of someone flying in from New Zealand.